Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 18 July 2010 CE

85 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9570 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 18 July 2010 CE
Jul 19, 2010, 00:49
LIFE’S A GAS – Marc Bolan
Raw versions of likes of Raw Ramp and Jeepster, demo’s of The Slider and Cadillac, and the untreated Children Of Rarn suite thing. On yellow vinyl. Lovely!!

SWIM - Caribou
Loving Odessa. Enjoying the rest more each listen.

FAUST IS LAST – Faust
I've previously extolled the virtues of Feed The Greed, but it’s pushed all the way by the excellent Babylon, a shouty beat-driven number not unlike David Holmes excellent Living Room which made me dig out....

BOW DOWN TO THE EXIT SIGN – David Holmes
And how glad I was that I did! It’s even better than I remember. 69 Police is fab but it’s Living Room that stands out. I must have played at least three times one day. It’s simply awesome!

KOYO – Junkboy
I’m not convinced they’ve succeeded in improving on their last one, Three, but there’s still much to be enjoyed. They still bring Pet Sounds and Bryter Layter to mind at times. No bad thing!

2010 – Prince
As mentioned elsewhere here I think he seems to be trying to re-live former glories.

III – Santana
I’d not heard this in something like 35 years back when a schoolmate lent me what he always called Santana’s Third Album, not Santana III for some reason and as a result I have always found myself calling it the same. I didn’t really remember the first track, but as soon as the vocals came on in No One To Depend On I found myself saying “I remember this”. To no-one in particular!

SPADES & HOES & PLOWS – David Wrench
Hmm. Not sure about this one. Kinda interesting, but...

ALSO...
SHINY BEAST DEMO’S – Captain Beefheart
ROOTS & ECHOES – The Coral
S/T – Richard Hawley
PLATOON – Magic Lantern
SNOWFLAKE MIDNIGHT – Mercury Rev
LEEDS LUNGS – Rolling Stones
SOMETHING CLOCKWORK THIS WAY COMES - Spider & the Flies
HEY VENUS – Super Furry Animals
SPECULATION – To Rococo Rot
SURF’S UP - David Thomas And Two Pale Boys
BRINGING HOME THE ASHES – Wild Swans