85 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
zerkalo
zerkalo
488 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 18 July 2010 CE
Jul 18, 2010, 09:47
redfish365 wrote:
Heya' Ming, what do you think of the Linda Perhacs album? Any good? It's uncanny that you're listening to it as it has been on my wishlist for probably 6 months now and I recently bumped it up to the top but since you've got it I'd love to know what you think. Is it up there with say Mellow Candle or perhaps Espers or is it something of lesser merit? I haven't heard a single note of it but only read reviews... your opinion will carry much weight with me and it'll either get purchased or fall into obscurity at the bottom of my list.

If you don't mind me chipping in here I think it's a superb album, but comes more from Joni Mitchell school of acoustic singer songwriter music, albeit psychedelicized. She's also got a gorgeous voice although some might find it a bit syrupy in places, reminds me a tad of Karen Carpenter in places, but that's not a problem with me as I like her voice anyway. Definitely worth getting hold of, but even more so is an album that often gets compared to Parallelograms that being These Trails' sole self-titled debut, which is a weird blend of psych folk, Arp synth and Hawaiian styling, an amazing must-hear album but nowt like Linda Perhacs imho.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index