39 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Edited Jul 12, 2010, 00:07
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 11 July 2010 CE
Jul 12, 2010, 00:06
Turntable fixed. LP fiesta! Mostly LP's I've recently acquired . . .

RARE EARTH - ONE WORLD (and also got the double live one which I haven't listened to yet)

ARGENT - ALL TOGETHER NOW (their debut)

BEBOP DELUXE - DRASTIC PLASTIC (just need "Futurama" and I will have them all!)

SPECIALS - MORE SPECIALS (classic)

STEVIE WONDER - FULFILLINGNESS' FIRST FINALE (quite disappointing -- this was the follow up to the masterpiece "Innervisions"??!)

STEVIE WONDER - JOURNEY THROUGH THE SECRET LIFE OF PLANTS (until wife told me to take that horrible shit off! This is certainly his weirdest LP.)

JEAN MICHEL JARRE - OXYGENE (the disco Vangelis)

MICHAEL NESMITH & THE 2nd NATIONAL BAND - TANTAMOUNT TO TREASON (Very interesting phased-out space country pop. Best Nesmith record I've come across.)

SPIRIT - SON OF SPIRIT (1975 comeback album -- holy shit, there's some great tunes on here! Equal to their 1968-1970 stuff.)

JONI MITCHELL - LADIES OF THE CANYON (might become my newest fascination; just reading up on her discog at wiki, and I got to find "Don Juan's Reckless Daughter" to hear the 16 minute track "Paprika Plains"!)

ISAAC HAYES - JOY (seems to be the last of his classic run of LP's, 1969-1973)

EARTH WIND & FIRE - THAT'S THE WAY OF THE WORLD (their breakthrough with "Shining Star"; weirder & better than expected, perhaps cuz it's a movie soundtrack.)

ROGER - THE SAGA CONTINUES (1984 solo joint by R. Troutman the genius from ZAPP -- not to be confused with UK funk band of same name)

BUTTERFIELD BLUES BAND - EAST-WEST (for the classic title track)

CANNED HEAT - LIVE AT TOPANGA CORAL (vintage 1967 Henry Vestine, but a cheapo "stereomonic" record.)

THE HOLLYRIDGE STRINGS - THE BEATLES SONGBOOK (famous easy listening versions of early Beatle tunes)

OHIO PLAYERS - GREATEST HITS (on Westbound meaning it's the real early years -- not as good as I'd hoped, pretty much the only ace track is "Funky Worm")

THE TRAMMPS - DISCO INFERNO (title track 11 minute mastermix)

ISLEY BROTHERS - THE HEAT IS ON (includes "Fight The Power"; all the Ernie Isley era "3+3" band's records are worth a listen.)

LOVIN SPOONFUL - EVERYTHING PLAYING (classic 60's pop but also lame jugband filler. Thinking man's bubblegum?)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index