Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1701 posts

Re: Fuzzbox and Faith Healers
Jul 05, 2010, 18:26
Sin Agog wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Sin Agog wrote:
We've Got A Fuzzbox And We're Gonna Use It - Bostin' Steve Austin!

Quality! Some really good stuff on your list - is Th'Faith Healers' Peel Sessions worth getting? I remember they did a great version of "SOS" on one Peel Session.

I love that Fuzzbox album. Just a ridiculous amount of fun, like most music made by all-girl groups.

I think the Peel Session might be Th' Faith Healers' best work, but it is definitely spikier and noisier than anything else the band ever recorded. It just kinda smacks you in the face from the very first track. That first session with the Abba cover is probably my favourite, though. It'd be pretty cool hearing a whole Abba cover album made by noise rock groups (cue someone telling me such a thing exists...) There's an almost as unlikely cover of Without You on there as well.

Did you catch the Fuzzbox reunion tour? The show at the Engine Room was also a ridiculous amount of fun.

Fond memories of Th' Faith Healers too, and grungey nights in the Camden Falcon, Islington Powerhaus, squat parties at the Hornsey Road Vicarage with Milk, Silverfish, The God Machine, Daisy Chainsaw... I once slept in Roxanne Faith Healer's bed. She wasn't in it at the time, mind.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index