Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 27 June 2010 CE

32 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 27 June 2010 CE
Jun 28, 2010, 17:23
(Hmmm, seems like lots of Dead on people's lists this week -- I do think they are a "summertime band"!)

Seeing lots of great live music this summer, which is unusual (tours seem to avoid college towns when the school's out of session.) I recently saw:

TONY ALLEN -- Fela's drummer with a hot afrobeat band headlining an outdoor festival. This guy starts playing a drum solo and you don't even miss the rest of the band. So musical! Genius.

MELVINS -- third time I've seen the current line-up, and the first time I really dug the two drummer set-up. Best gig I've seen them do in at least a decade in fact. Almost like a greatest hits tour, in that they seemed to do one song per album (and they have like 25 albums already.) Played two sets and the show ended with a monster drum duet -- it's almost like they have become "the Grateful Dead of Metal"!!!

In the next two weeks I get to see BLACK MOUNTAIN and LIARS too. And will probably catch ? & THE MYSTERIANS in Chicago later in the month (best garage band ever? Those old guys can boogie!)

CAR CRUISING TAPE: I made a new Guess Who collection focusing on the "mark III" era 1970-1974. One side live, one side studio.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index