Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Edited Jun 21, 2010, 11:24
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 20 June 2010 CE
Jun 21, 2010, 09:50
Thomas Koner - Nunatak, Teimo
These two albums are both absolutely essential. The best ambient-type-things I've heard in years. Apparently recorded from underwater gongs and home-made wind instruments, the gorgeous tones of these two slabs of vinyl have ruled my late night listening roost for the last few weeks. If you can still get either of these I recommend you do so immediately.

Demdike Stare - Forest of Evil
Weird and wonderful, but really quite listenable when it comes down to it. Also highly recommended.

Mark McGuire - Tidings/Amethyst Waves
Bloke from Emeralds. Another truly great album, boy this is a good year for new sounds. If anything I'm finding this better than the Emeralds album, but it is a close run thing. Lovely shimmering spiralling guitars and synths.

Emeralds - Does it Look Like I'm Here?
Glistening glittering synthscapes. Sounds like the jewel that is their name.

Gnod Drop Out With White Hills
Superb krauty psychedelia from the very top out-of-reach-so-you-need -a-ladder-draw. I'm wearing my copy out!

Oneoftrix Point Never - Returnal
A little disappointing so far, but I've only played it a couple of times. Doesn't sound far removed from the Rifts stuff, and at first listen sounds a bit too more-of-the-same. I'm happy to persevere with it though, coz I love Rifts, and that grew on me substantially.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index