Topic View: Flat | Threaded
flashbackcaruso
1054 posts

Edited Jun 20, 2010, 20:48
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 20 June 2010 CE
Jun 20, 2010, 20:47
Pink Floyd - More

Sergius Golowin - Lord Krishna Von Goloka

Genesis - A Trick Of The Tail (This was my first 'old' Genesis LP. In 1986 it seemed a welcome alternative to 'Invisible Touch', and it's still a favourite. As usual Tony Banks dominates the songwriting, and with good reason).

Elvis Presley - No.2 (A nice pink vinyl 10" replica of the yellow cover released in the UK on HMV).

The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street (My first listen to this. I've always been more into their late 60s stuff, and this hasn't changed things. I'm sure it'll sink in with subsequent plays).

Bobbie Gentry - The Delta Sweete (A beautifully detailed song-cycle from this most unsung of talents. Brilliance beyond the call of duty).

The Damned - Damned Damned Damned

Pet Shop Boys - Yes (When this came out last year it sounded like the best thing they'd done for more than a decade. Returning to it this week I'm pleased to report that this impression hasn't changed).

Simple Minds - Sons & Fascination/Sister Feelings Call (I prefer SFC to its 'parent album'. Any album that opens with 'Theme For Great Cities' is going to be a bit of a classic, and there are several more tracks to match it on the rest of the LP. Why did they have to spoil things by getting so pompous as the decade progressed?)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index