Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 20 June 2010 CE

35 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 20 June 2010 CE
Jun 20, 2010, 10:13
You guys have been listening to some great stuff this week! I particularly dig Terryto and Seacat's selections. Makes me more annoyed I don't keep some kinda listening diary. I know I've given Mellow Candle a play at one point. I've also been hitting up tons of gorgeous, gorgeous Italian psyche-folk albums recently. Claudio Rocchi is my favourite discovery of late. He used to be in the Rock in Opposition band Stormy Six, but his music is nothing like that. Just heady psyche-folk music that seems to try to turn itself inside out just that bit harder than most anyone else in an effort to reach the stars. Best LP I've heard probably being Essenza from '73, but most of his early stuff is great. More LP's I've played recently that'd probably make a Copey book called Woprocksampler if it existed: Opus Avantra - Introspezzione, Pierrot Lunaire - Gudren, Franco Battiato - Fetus/Pollution/Sulle Corde di Ares, Luciano Cilio - Dialoghi Del Presente, Alan Sorrenti - Aria, The Great Complotto Pordenone (not totally cosmic like the others, but a really fun Italian post-punk comp).
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index