Topic View: Flat | Threaded
mole
210 posts

Re: Kilimanjaro 3CD edition
Jul 14, 2010, 12:37
Tripecac wrote:
I just got the 3CD version.

To my ears:

CD1 sounds *exactly* like the 2000 reissue, as do all the bonus tracks on CD2 which were on the 2000 reissue. This makes the 2000 reissue 100% redundant, at least in terms of the audio.

CD2's other tracks are all on Piano, but sound more muffled. Someone else pointed out that they sound speed-adjusted and/or noise reduced, which makes them bass-heavy. I agree. I don't know which I prefer. Since Piano also has 3 more tracks not on this Kili reissue, that means we need to hang onto Piano.

CD3's Peel songs all sound louder on Peel Session Plus than here. That's the opposite of what someone else said. Maybe our ears are different, or maybe one of us got it backwards. Either way, it only seems to be a loudness issue, so I think we can safely declare the Peel songs on here to be redundant.

That just leaves the 3 new songs on CD3.

So basically, what we just paid for is 3 songs, some maybe-better-maybe-worse Piano tracks, and different liner notes. I can't help but feel a tiny bit ripped off. But oh well, at least they didn't completely butcher the sound like they did on Jehovahkill Deluxe (or screw up the liner notes like on Peggy Suicide Deluxe).

HAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA

THAT EXACTLY WHY IS GAVE IT A BAD REVIEW

Cope the Greed Head- Ripping of whats left of his fan base
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index