Kilimanjaro 3CD edition

86 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Re: Kilimanjaro 3CD edition
Jun 16, 2010, 14:36
Yeah, I agree, it looks like one for completists, although it would be interesting to see if the Sleeping Gas EP tracks are properly mastered (they're recorded from vinyl on Piano). Looks like the work of Cally Callomon again!
Still its nice to see some futher justice being done to Cope's legacy - especially after the disasterous Jehovahkill and Peggy Suicide reissues.
To be quite honest, never have I seen an artist's back catalogue so badly served as Island's (or Phonogram for that matter) hit and miss approach.
I know there are plentiful arguments for and against the constant reissuing of certain bodies of work (Forever Changes, The Stone Roses and The La's being notable examples) but I really think its time someone did a careful and loving job on Cope's early solo releases.
I keep having this wonderful fantasy of a 'Title unknown, subtitle: The Tamworth Years' box set. It would include lavish packaging with vinyl replicas of World Shut Your Mouth, Fried and Saint Julian (disgracefully long out of print) along with the usual mush of b-sides, unreleased tracks and live/radio versions). Now, this fantasy does come with an anchoring 'non starter' as Julian rightfully (in some ways) will not endorse such exploitation of his legacy but hey, its just a thought and there's definitely some damage to be undone here (muddy sound on the WSYM and Fried CDs, the non-existant Saint Julian and terrible packaging on the previous issues). We can but dream eh!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index