DUB Advice

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Re: DUB Advice
Jun 25, 2010, 11:15
Thanks! That looks like a great comp, and I've even managed to order it on the Somerset Library Website. The amazing stuff I've got from the library over the past few years.
1001realapes
1001realapes
2386 posts

Jan 30, 2011, 16:05
Digging the Trojan Dub
box sets !
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jan 30, 2011, 16:24
eyeshakingking wrote:
Sin Agog wrote:
He also goes by the name Dadawah.

[/url]

His 'Peace & Love' album under that name is some of the finest dub I've ever heard. Recently reissued, so it's most definitely available too.

There's a part in my favourite Lester Bangs article called "Innocents in Babylon" where he goes to a Nyabinghi revival led by Dadawah/Ras Michael. Sounded like musical heaven.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Jan 30, 2011, 16:54
Jan 30, 2011, 16:52
Scientist has just released a new album called "Scientist Launches Dubstep Into Outer Space" that, at least after the first listen, sounds like one of only a handful of Dubstep LPs that's worth listening to all the way through. Gotta give it a couple more plays.

(It came with a disc of un-Scientific Originals that wasn't so interesting).
toasted-whippet
toasted-whippet
86 posts

Jan 30, 2011, 20:41
Anyone mentioned "LKJ In Dub", great 80's album? (Linton Kwesi Johnson)

Also really like Mad Professors version of "Protection" (the Massive Attack album)

I think the best Wobble album is "Heaven And Earth"

For a different take try "Natural Progression" featuring many artists including Gong / Here & Now 's Steffe Sharpstrings.
Mart
Mart
214 posts

Jan 31, 2011, 22:51
Sin Agog wrote:
Scientist has just released a new album called "Scientist Launches Dubstep Into Outer Space" that, at least after the first listen, sounds like one of only a handful of Dubstep LPs that's worth listening to all the way through. Gotta give it a couple more plays.

(It came with a disc of un-Scientific Originals that wasn't so interesting).

i'm very intrigued with scientists take on it, its a contentious area. i wonder if lee perry's felt the urge to get his boots wet yet. cant wait, bring on the creativity !
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Jan 31, 2011, 23:39
Found out over the weekend that Trojan has deleted almost all of the old 2cd sets. Could have been happening over a while but i looked at the website and about the only 1 that has been around for a few years is King Tubby In Fine Style. That's a lot of classic music back out of print.
Possibly shot myself in the foot by announcing that. More competition over copies that do appear.

Stevo
Mart
Mart
214 posts

Jan 31, 2011, 23:43
yeah, i noticed that, they seemed to disapear over night(ish), i'm kicking myself over now lost oportunities.
sertitham
3 posts

Feb 01, 2011, 07:35
Soul Jazz records have some very good albums , check them out!
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index