42 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Edited Jun 06, 2010, 06:53
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 6 June 2010 CE
Jun 06, 2010, 06:50
GONG - Live au Batclan 1973 / Live At Sheffield 1974 ( actually somewhere in France 1973 ) - Excellent quality live recordings of trilogy era band, nice replica LP sleeves too. Shame that the musicians don't get a bean in royalties from it though. Not recommended for Machinery Elves, mind.

HERE & NOW - Oxford Poly 18/6/77 - With guest appearance from Daevid Allen. Meetings made and seeds sown for the Floatin' Anarchy tour later in the year. 74 minutes of improvised spacey gliss jams, but hey, i like that kinda shit. 4th in a series of archival live releases and once again a remarkable salvage job done on the original source tape.

Kaftan to one side...

MAGIC LANTERN - Platoon - Just immense. Deffo contender for disc of the year.

SLEEPY SUN - Embrace - Top notch, nice sense of dynamics between the serene and the wild, er, and plenty of guitar freakouts, ooo yeah !

GNOD DROP OUT WITH WHITE HILLS 2 - Really enjoying this too but perhaps just a bit too much like Neu! at times ( i can't believe i just wrote that ! )

ROLLING STONES - Sticky Fingers ( alternate ) - Many thanks to the sender for this, only played it once so far but that play count's gonna go up. The fully formed mono mixes really are the biz ( if you're a fan, which i am ), dunno why but they just sound so spacious.

ROYAL TRUX - I'm Ready 7".

Happy listening Heads,

Mark x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index