Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited May 25, 2010, 21:34
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 23 May 2010 CE
May 25, 2010, 21:22
Dog 3000 wrote:

Country Joe & Fish - 1st album (not as good as Electric Music, but close)

what's this unreleased material? I thought everything up to electric Music was e.p.s which were compliled on the Nuggets From The Golden State Berkeley e.ps cd alongside tracks by Frumious Bandersnatch, Notes From The Underground and another band.

There's been a lot of live material turning up on dime recently. Which has had me wondering why Bill atherton told me they weren't a great live band some years back. There's awesome stuff on each of the live sets I've heard so far Barry The fish Melton's guitar against the keyboards tends to be pretty trippy.

They may have become even better when the rhythm section of Big Brother & The Holding Co were drafted in when their band collapsed on the departure of Janis. so a lot of the '69 material has them on, i've heard the 3rd lp Together ain't much cop though.
2nd one, Feel Like i'm fixing To die's pretty good though.

I just looked up who the keyboardist was and found the Pete Frame chart that I'd looked at a few weeks back which is here
http://www.well.com/~cjfish/chart.gif
and says there were 2 different ones, changing in early 69.

Also found that Dorothy Moscovitz of United states of america fame turned up in a Country Joe led band in the early 70s
Stevo
Np Dead Can Dance 10/12/88
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index