31 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Edited May 02, 2010, 11:01
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 2 May 2010 CE
May 02, 2010, 10:34
Top listen of the week has been Demdike Stare's Forest of Evil. At £9 for the vinyl, I can only say go out and buy this now before it sells out (I believe it is a limited edition). Fabulously dark, and yet with a light touch, this record is made up of two side-long chunks of fabness. Easily the best thing I've heard all week.

Jah Wobble & the Chinese Dub Orchestra - Chinese Dub
From the library. This is great. I wasn't sure at first, but as soon as that gorgeous dubby bass comes thundering in I was hooked.

Susan Matthews & Clutter - Silence Alright
A facinating little CD from Apollolaan. Strange drifty piano processed and twisted into odd shapes.

Eleh - Observations and Momentum
This 12" is lovely, as is the B-side by Nana April Jun. In fact, the Nana April Jun cut is superb, I love the way the beat gradually appears from banks of noise-fog.

Beethoven - Bagatelles
Inspired by hearing a clip of Fur Elise on the radio this week, I sought this out from the library, and very lovely it is too. Nice to hear some classical piano for a change.

Porter Ricks - Biokinetics
Thanks to Jim Tones for pointing me (reluctantly) at the d/load for this. I really wanted the CD but couldn't get a reasonably priced one. Great to hear this again, I've been iPodding it all week. Fog-bound beats roll on uneasy seas and roil around your head. Splendid.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index