Squid Tempest wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarkus_%28song%29

the wiki knows all

which is more than can be said for the writer, Greg Lake ''complimented "Stones of Years" as one of his favourite parts of "Tarkus," though admits he is not entirely sure about what it means, but says it is about, "listening, understanding, hearing."

somewhat worryingly I have about 27 seperate versions of Tarkus in my CD collection:-)

27 versions??!!!! Blimey. Have you got the Bootleg Box Set or something?

er, 2 actually 8^O, with consideration towards 2 more, in my defence I would like to add that Lovebeach is shite

To give ELP their due, whilst picking fault with them is a fish/barrel bullet interface situation they do have more than their fair share of genuinely exciting moments spread across the recorded output and the shows on the bootleg box do make you wish you had been there to see the shows.
I've always suspected ELPs biggest crime was to tour & fail with a big orchestra in 77 thus setting themselves up as no.1 punk kicking boys, plus having a carpet roadie and of course Lovebeach.

I've been pondering getting the 1st ELP bootleg box set for some time now - would you recommend it?

I'll send you some samples If you want.
If you are a fan I would recommend them, well the first 2 anyway the reports on 3 & 4 are not as universally glowing, IIRC the best shows are the earlier ones on the 2nd box, on one show Keith Emerson has obviously just been given a new box of electronic gizmos and I suspect some top quality columbian powder and a bottle of the finest brandy as he goes bleep overload crazy.

hee! I like the sound of the earlier ones on the 2nd box then! Samples would be great, if that's not any trouble...

I'll sort out a show from each set for you, give you an idea of the quality

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=778
A nice pic of Emerson with the ultimate Atari Punk Console
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index