64 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 25 April 2010 CE
Apr 26, 2010, 13:10
High Tone Out Back
interesting French dub crew who I believe are now on tour, having played galway last night. i'm just listening to their cd and am pretty impressed. Has some rappy stuff in it that reminds me of Blackalicious or crooklyn or something.
http://www.hightone.org/

Iggy & The stooges Raw Power
had to go into town yesterday to pick up a generous bag of ShelltoSea leaflets, so popped into HMV to see if this was around yet. it was indeed & now it's mine. Lovely package with some cool photos that don't all duplicate Mick Rock's book.
Bonus cd may be a bit rough, I think I need to hear it at louder volume when I'm not dozing off. Lp itself is now at room temperature & frequently considerably hotter. i noticed a couple of glitches I thought I'd created while trying to rip the vinyl through Audacity.
Most essential current release purchase? as are the next couple I think.

Incredible String Band Hangman's Beautiful Daughter
Nice to hear this at apex sound. Listening to this on my stereo it has 3d elements I hadn't noticed before. little instruments that flit in arcs in the sonics. yum. what more can I say? think I need to grab the rest of the series.

Crazy World Of Arthur Brown
This has some pretty spectacular stuff on. i always loved Child Of My Kingdom for one. & now it's here in pristine form.
bonus disc has various Peel session and single tracks. esoteric a label of quality.

Death For The Whole World to see
great mid 70s Black pre-punk rockers. Bits of this seriously remind me of the mid 80s direction Bad brains took post-hardcore. People have said it was unlikely the Brains they were aware of this obscure Detroit band, but I could easily see a fan making the connection between great black bands and taping them the available material. Think that idea remains apocryphal though.

Various other bits and bobs I might add later if I remember.
stevo
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index