Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 25 April 2010 CE

64 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9570 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 25 April 2010 CE
Apr 25, 2010, 20:39
SWIM – Caribou
Only played this the once so far, though I know Odessa well. There was a time when that would have been a hit.

COPE ON A ROPE (HAMMERSMITH 2003) – Julian Cope
This free-with-a-mag cd isn’t exactly Julian’s finest hour. It would have helped if the tapes were running at the right speed for a start!

MEMORY PALACE – Haig / MacKenzie
Two giants of Scottish music get together, put down some tracks and then sit on them for years. Admittedly this is neither’s finest album, but there’s still much to be enjoyed with Beyond Love and Transobsession being just two highlights. Listen To Me, one of the few tracks with Haig on lead vocals, has recently been re-done by him and features on his last album, Relive.

SISTERWORLD – Liars
Includes ‘sister’ disc of collaborations inc a fab contribution by Alan Vega as Duetonal. Lovely packaging too – even if it is virtually impossible to get one of the damn cd’s out!

PEEPSHOW – Siouxsie & the Banshees
It’s been a bit of a revelation re-discovering this one of late. Some genuinely great moments. A quick perusal of the song-writing credits show that is, Sioux’s mighty Peekaboo apart, very much Severin’s show. Apart from co-writing the fabulous Last Beat Of My Heart with her, he penned Killing Jar, the wonderfully melodic Scarecrow (how typical a Banshees title is that!) and the closing Rhapsody which features what are surely Siouxsie highest ever notes!

ALSO...
BIRTHDAY – The Association

QUA – Cluster

REMIXES – Four Tet

RELIVE – Paul Haig

SONGS FROM THE ELECTRONIC GARDEN – Jonteknik

FOREVER CHANGES – Love

PISSING ON BONFIRES – Meursault

SOUTHPAW GRAMMAR – Morrissey

BACKING OFF IS THE OTHER BAND – Roger

SEARCH & DESTROY (UNCUT CD) – V/A

WORLD OF HITS – V/A