Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Apr 25, 2010, 09:02
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 25 April 2010 CE
Apr 25, 2010, 09:02
Sin Agog wrote:

MX-80 Sound - Out of the Tunnel/Crowd Control

pretty great band. A couple of live sets from about '78 turned up on Dime last year from a guy who was upping a lot of left field material at the time.
The Forcedexposure article on them was pretty classic. was the first time I'd read the history of a smalltown avant garage swimming-against-the-tide group.

Sin Agog wrote:

White Heaven - Out

I found the record far more pedestrian than the Forcedexposure etc reviews had led me to believe. Reminded me far more of Galaxie 500 than the QMS meets Black Sabbath it had been described as. I still like it though & live material I got from dime early on does veer much closer to the hype.

Sin Agog wrote:

Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul

I found a live '73 dvd on Demonoid that I've got to sit and watch. Had been hoping for some footage of him at his peak for ages. would have thought people would rush to release a stack of stuff on his death. I think there is a series of cd reissues trickling out but haven't heard much on the dvd front.
I think he also appears in Wattstax which again for some reason I've yet to watch.

Sin Agog wrote:

Spyrogyra - A Canterbury Tale

Spirogyra were a great band. I saw that compi going dead cheap in FOPP a while back but don't know if that'd repeat.
Singer sounds a lot like early Bowie in places. & lyricism is great.
As is the other, female singer.

Stevo
Np Caravan The world Is Yours disc4 All The Way
(have never listened to this late of them before, not as bad as I'd feared. Almost quite enjoyable.)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index