I'm glad they cleared that up for us

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: I'm glad they cleared that up for us
Mar 26, 2010, 09:57
Daminxa wrote:
If I encountered a house spider under the influence of psychedelics I think I'd be rendered terminally insane(er)!

Does the conkers thing work then? I did well last Autumn in that I didn't get any here, but it's not uncommon for them to be the size of bloody saucers in this neck of the woods - one appeared in my bath a couple of years ago and it took me all day to summon the courage to remove it, and I still suffer flashbacks of the incident to this day.

I am, and always have been, utterly petrified of spiders, and much as I moan about the UK one of the major benefits of living here is that we don't get even bigger arachnids and the indiginous ones are not significantly poisonous (although they can, apparently, bite, so it genuinely isn't a good idea to handle them, not that I ever would!)

Same here. My phobia is so acute that I won't even buy imported fruit from supermarkets for fear of coming across one of those Brazilian Wandering fuckers, or a black widow. As far as finding them in my bath or sink is concerned, tap turns on the water.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 10:05
You mean he's better than Pete Docherty?

*runs away*
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 10:07
"In an interview with Q, Liam said he was on a par with Elvis Presley. "There is Elvis and me. I couldn't say which of the two is best," he said."

One is dead. The other is brain dead. I suppose there is a similarity.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 10:18
Well if it's good enough for the singer of Primal-Scream-at-their-most-hackneyed-and-atrocious-copyists Kasabian it's good enough for me.

Who buys Q then?

x
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 10:21
I looked at the list and had to look one up to see who he was. Matt Bellamy - Muse?????

x
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 10:24
Yes, and they say 'he even beat Freddie Mercury or Bono'.

Wow.

I mean really. Wow.

:-)

x
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 10:25
keith a wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:
HEEEheee I think he is a great front man! Sorry if thats un cOol with all the cats on here.

I agree. I wouldn't want to live next door to him, but he's got an indefinable something.

Yep he *is* a bad boy & a silly fucker at the best of times, but he is a proper *rock star who can sing!* ... I wouldn't like to live next door to him cus we would probably get into a fight and I would probably lose, then I would have to kill his dog and spike his gin and tonic with a big hit of LSD and make him listen to Julian Cope's Discover Odin on repeat.

I do think there is a big soppy heart behind those coked up eyes and the bullshit hard man facade ... just a working class lad with Irish blood running through him. A bit of a hand full really. King of the Mods. Init.

BTW..
I'm not a massive Oasis fan, but there are one or two good songs that will stand the test of time whether we like it or not.

(((charr No where man)))
machineryelf
3681 posts

Edited Mar 26, 2010, 10:36
Mar 26, 2010, 10:32
I'm with you to a point, he does have something, but at that sort of stadium level general public awareness for all his faults Bono leaves him standing, Trent Reznor, Matt Bellamy both superior and that's without even thinking about other potential candidates, surely the prize should go to Ian Brown anyway.
Would love to see the complete list, hopefully it will be posted somewhere as I'm not wasting my cash on a copy of Q which last time I looked seemed hellbent on usurping the NMEs crown as champion of dumbing down for people

edit just realised this is of all time, I think my sides have just split,I really can't imagine what kind of person would think Liam is a better frontman than [a very long list insert your personal choice here]
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 10:36
Squid Tempest wrote:
You mean he's better than Pete Docherty?

*runs away*

Yep I mean he is better than Pete Docherty, but just as bonkers.
8)
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 10:36
Can we get back to talking about acid, spiders and wasps? I've only just picked up on this thread and was having a right old chortle at those stories, and the ones about a previous life as a sexy flying ace. Marvellous words my dears!
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index