Your favourite musical instrument?

55 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9043 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2010, 11:08
Re: Your favourite musical instrument?
Mar 13, 2010, 11:07
Ah, this is the sort of contribution to the thread I was hoping to find! Somebody who has some cherished, but battered old thing that they've invested time and a few bob on honing to their own personal preferences and requirements.

I hope you enjoy the new model as much as the old fella.

The bassist of my first ever band got his first Fender Precision back in '77, or thereabouts, but a few years down the line put it in part-ex against some Ibanez fretless job. Before long he'd got another Precision. However, it just wasn't like that first one.

I met him again, around a year ago. He's now a pro muzo with several Precisions. All sorts of different years and conditions. And he confessed that not a single one of them was a close replacement to that first one, still!

I've therefore told Chris my bassist to try to hold on to his cherished Jazz bass. Afterall on getting it new, he took it to our local luthor for a few tweaks to get its frets down and action up etc. He's currently running a Yamaha fretless and a Cort five string. But the Fender Jazz always comes to the gigs.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index