Lady Gaga on The Brits

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: Lady Gaga on The Brits
Feb 18, 2010, 13:01
The comments under that video are hilarious. Thanks Jim. That's made my morning.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Feb 18, 2010, 13:06
I agree. (Although I like J*zz). I admit I used to be fairly confident that I didn't like Country & Western music - and most I've heard thus far I don't. But further exposure made we realise what I actually didn't like was the super-slick rhinestone God Gays n Guns yeehaw redneck twaddle so beloved of cyclops-eyed truck drivers married to their sister who is also their mum. Heard a LOT of that on car radios in certain States!

The rootsier, folkier end of country music I've actually quite enjoyed on occasion.

So, in conclusion. Music. It's all good! And bad! Huzzah!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Feb 18, 2010, 13:12
Infidel!!!!
machineryelf
3681 posts

Feb 18, 2010, 13:22
cHARLIE wrote:
I always thought m/ was someone's bottom teeth, not the metal sign.

I get it now.

(((fast Charrr)))

\m/ it's Dio's dentures /w\ look it's the top plate

o o
.v.
/w\
\m/--{long live rock anna roll}
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Feb 18, 2010, 13:35
machineryelf wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:
I always thought m/ was someone's bottom teeth, not the metal sign.

I get it now.

(((fast Charrr)))

m/ it's Dio's dentures /w look it's the top plate

o o
.v.
/w
m/--{long live rock anna roll}

O.I.C LOL
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Feb 18, 2010, 14:33
cHARLIE wrote:
Liam is a cock cus he takes the wrong drugs. If he had done a bit of the old LSD like his heroes back in the 60s rather than playing the hard man, then he could have progressed and grown up a bit.

Unfortunately it's more than that. I remember the moment I realised Liam was an irredeemable idiot was when I read him saying how much he fucking loved Lennon for the upteenth time, but said something along the lines: "But I don't understand the guy's politics and I'm not interested in that." Professing to be one of the world's greatest fans of someone whose politics and world view was so integral to his art, but saying you can't be arsed to understand or explore that side of the man is utter idiocy. What's so hard to understand about a song called 'Woman is the Nigger of the World'? Liam's a fucking moron who just doesn't get it.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Feb 18, 2010, 14:59
Nice one. Particularly liked these bits...

"Shirley Bassey is wearing an animal-print dress, but the sort of animal which has a pelt made from pure gold."

"Jay-Z has decided to make his act better by adding Alicia Keys to the performance. Which is like making a apple pie better by hiding a dead hamster in it."
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Feb 18, 2010, 15:01
faiR enough ... Liam needs to read more books and smoke some pot and keep his big gob shut and calm down before he ends up getting shot like John did.

John was the working class hero, Liam is simply working class and a anti hero. eNOUGH SAID.

8o)
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Feb 18, 2010, 15:11
Now now! I like La Roux. There, I've said it. It's good throwaway pop. It might be waaay too in love with the 80's, backed up by a rampantly opinionated ego and stupid hairdo. But that's what all pop acts are at the moment. It sounds better to my ears than Lady GaGa anyway, who seems like an unholy cross between Scissor Sisters and Marilyn Manson to me, neither of which I liked in the first place. Oh, and I've been playing the La Roux album (or at least the first half of it) a lot the last couple of months, and will probably never play it again after another month. Just as things should be with a good pop album.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Feb 18, 2010, 15:16
cHARLIE wrote:
Liam needs to read more books and smoke some pot and keep his big gob shut and calm down before he ends up getting shot like John did.

No-one's gonna bother shooting that tosser. He's no threat to anyone, though he'd like to think he is. At least Lennon had the balls and brains to be perceived as a threat by powerful people.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index