Lady Gaga on The Brits

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Edited Feb 17, 2010, 22:26
Re: Lady Gaga on The Brits
Feb 17, 2010, 22:11
I won't bother. The board depresses me by the day. I'll go and listen to some Humphrey Lyttleton instead.

8)
keith a
9570 posts

Feb 17, 2010, 22:59
Vybik Jon wrote:
The thread happens to be discussing pop.

Why don't you read it all before jumping in with your size 12's? I mean, I know it's what you do but still...

I know what it's discussing, and I had read it all. Sorry I didn't know thread diversions or disagreeing with you had been banned.

And I take size 11's.
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Feb 18, 2010, 02:36
After reading the thread, I think all pop music including Lady Gaga is a matter of personal taste. When people say a certain 'pop' artist is talented, it means more than simply the music. How can it not? It wouldn't be pop otherwise. I've always seen 'Rock' as the serious big brother of 'Pop' - both genres are generally pretty simple forms of musical language.

To argue the merits of one pop artist over another is pointless and generally takes into consideration the peripheral stuff which surrounds the music (image, politics, subversion, sex and attitude).

Discussions on pop music is a key indicator of generations moving on and folks getting old while trying to stay young. I've been in loads of situations where reactionary rock musos who never got a break blame pop music for their downfall rather than the fact that they are actually talentless themselves - rock n roll grandparents who have a downer on kids enjoying themselves. You shouldn't over analyse pop (even though i just have!)- it's like getting Stephen Hawking to explain 2 plus 2.

8)
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Feb 18, 2010, 09:44
Love ween.
8o)
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Feb 18, 2010, 09:47
satuaration statIon!
8)
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Feb 18, 2010, 09:52
I always thought \m/ was someone's bottom teeth, not the metal sign.

I get it now.

(((fast Charrr)))
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Feb 18, 2010, 09:58
Vybik Jon wrote:
I can take or leave pop in general, but I understand the arguments being put forward. What strikes me is that current pop is so uniform & manufactured, that anyone seeming to be remotely 'different' (whatever the fuck that might mean) is going to attract attention. Lady Gaga has, but is it warranted? Take away the uniform manufactured pop and how dazzling is she?

yep I agree ... if you take away the daft gaga uniform you get a music student with a 1st. Load of bland shite...the girl with the red hair is a good singer tho, reminds me of Siouxsie and the Banshees ... just her voice, like.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Feb 18, 2010, 10:04
machineryelf wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:
Liam is a cock cus he takes the wrong drugs. If he had done a bit of the old LSD like his heroes back in the 60s rather than playing the hard man, then he could have progressed and grown up a bit. As for his brother Noel.. I have a bit of hope for him cus he *is* a clever man and can write the odd good song now and again.

ANYWAY WHO AM i TO slag these people off, my music and my bands didn't ever come to much in the end fer all my years of plugging away at it. Tiz easy to be a critic not so easy to be a rock star. A good song is a good song. Tiz all about catching the moment & being lucky enough to have that moment recorded properly.

As for the world of pop ... I think I will leave that for the teenagers.

8o)

good point charlie,I really liked the first 2 Oasis records but since then they've recycled the same old thing with diminihing returns
Hopefully Noel will hook up with Amorphous dofussness and put out some more classic 22min singles. As for Liam , he'd best hook up sharpish with someone who can write some tunes, you should offer charlie , you can do better than those Heavy Stereo/Ride chaps. What a delightful thought Liam sings Ride, could this finally be the thing worse than Chris De Burgh?

Any one got Liam's number? I think I can help him write a good song.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Feb 18, 2010, 12:32
cHARLIE wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:
Liam is a cock cus he takes the wrong drugs. If he had done a bit of the old LSD like his heroes back in the 60s rather than playing the hard man, then he could have progressed and grown up a bit. As for his brother Noel.. I have a bit of hope for him cus he *is* a clever man and can write the odd good song now and again.

ANYWAY WHO AM i TO slag these people off, my music and my bands didn't ever come to much in the end fer all my years of plugging away at it. Tiz easy to be a critic not so easy to be a rock star. A good song is a good song. Tiz all about catching the moment & being lucky enough to have that moment recorded properly.

8o)

good point charlie,I really liked the first 2 Oasis records but since then they've recycled the same old thing with diminihing returns
Hopefully Noel will hook up with Amorphous dofussness and put out some more classic 22min singles. As for Liam , he'd best hook up sharpish with someone who can write some tunes, you should offer charlie , you can do better than those Heavy Stereo/Ride chaps. What a delightful thought Liam sings Ride, could this finally be the thing worse than Chris De Burgh?

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/blog/2010/02/liam-gallagher-tweets-peter-kay-4606/

could you teach him not to be such a dick as well, I suspect that would be a lot harder than writing the song
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Edited Feb 18, 2010, 13:37
Feb 18, 2010, 12:55
machineryelf wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:

8o)

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/blog/2010/02/liam-gallagher-tweets-peter-kay-4606/

could you teach him not to be such a dick as well, I suspect that would be a lot harder than writing the song

Aww PoOr Liam. It's all going tits up for the poor fella. Even his brother thinks he is a twat. His Mrs got a bit friendly with Robbie that night too.
Instant Karma is gonna getcha Liam ... U knows it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqP3wT5lpa4
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index