Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Re: Lady Gaga on The Brits
Feb 17, 2010, 12:11
Squid Tempest wrote:

Oh, and FWIW, the Brits is a load of big hairy record industry bollocks.

That it is sir. Ugly and awkward bollocks too.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Feb 17, 2010, 12:11
cHARLIE wrote:
Liam is a cock cus he takes the wrong drugs. If he had done a bit of the old LSD like his heroes back in the 60s rather than playing the hard man, then he could have progressed and grown up a bit. As for his brother Noel.. I have a bit of hope for him cus he *is* a clever man and can write the odd good song now and again.

ANYWAY WHO AM i TO slag these people off, my music and my bands didn't ever come to much in the end fer all my years of plugging away at it. Tiz easy to be a critic not so easy to be a rock star. A good song is a good song. Tiz all about catching the moment & being lucky enough to have that moment recorded properly.

As for the world of pop ... I think I will leave that for the teenagers.

8o)

good point charlie,I really liked the first 2 Oasis records but since then they've recycled the same old thing with diminihing returns
Hopefully Noel will hook up with Amorphous dofussness and put out some more classic 22min singles. As for Liam , he'd best hook up sharpish with someone who can write some tunes, you should offer charlie , you can do better than those Heavy Stereo/Ride chaps. What a delightful thought Liam sings Ride, could this finally be the thing worse than Chris De Burgh?
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Feb 17, 2010, 12:26
"Oh, and FWIW, the Brits is a load of big hairy record industry bollocks"

Yeah? D'you reckon? ;-)

x
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Feb 17, 2010, 12:42
machineryelf wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:
Liam is a cock cus he takes the wrong drugs. If he had done a bit of the old LSD like his heroes back in the 60s rather than playing the hard man, then he could have progressed and grown up a bit. As for his brother Noel.. I have a bit of hope for him cus he *is* a clever man and can write the odd good song now and again.

ANYWAY WHO AM i TO slag these people off, my music and my bands didn't ever come to much in the end fer all my years of plugging away at it. Tiz easy to be a critic not so easy to be a rock star. A good song is a good song. Tiz all about catching the moment & being lucky enough to have that moment recorded properly.

As for the world of pop ... I think I will leave that for the teenagers.

8o)

good point charlie,I really liked the first 2 Oasis records but since then they've recycled the same old thing with diminihing returns
Hopefully Noel will hook up with Amorphous dofussness and put out some more classic 22min singles. As for Liam , he'd best hook up sharpish with someone who can write some tunes, you should offer charlie , you can do better than those Heavy Stereo/Ride chaps. What a delightful thought Liam sings Ride, could this finally be the thing worse than Chris De Burgh?

Ha,ha ... Liam wouldn't piss on me if I was on fire!

As for me I want to write songs like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7UNwyDvyaU

(((charrr)))
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Feb 17, 2010, 13:13
Had an enjoyable five minutes this morning reading No Rock 'n' Roll Fun's liveblog of the procedings.

Loved the description of Kasabian: Carthorses dreaming they're doing dressage.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Edited Feb 17, 2010, 13:47
Feb 17, 2010, 13:16
Ha!

Rather liked liked the bit about them looking like Oasis if they lived in a static caravan.

I hate Kasabian. Imagine ripping off pisspoor Primal Scream and actually being arrogant instead of embarrassed.

x
Eduardo
Eduardo
375 posts

Feb 17, 2010, 13:44
Agree, she showed the most character by a long chalk.

In contrast Cheryl Cole was excruciating - oddly the papers today seem to think her mime was a triumph of some kind. Something to do with her hub's y-front piccies no doubt cause it definately isn't about her act.
meurglys III
meurglys III
1085 posts

Feb 17, 2010, 14:58
That Graham Coxon song is very Incredible String Band, to my ears.
Nice.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Edited Feb 17, 2010, 15:17
Feb 17, 2010, 15:15
I think Graham's music is very Unsung. He is fast becoming a master song writer ... in the true sense of the word. Also nice to see him and Robyn Hitchcock teaming up, both great guitar players in their own right!

In the morning is a great song reminding me of long morning walks on lsd on my own. Outstanding !

Happy days.

(((char)))
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Feb 17, 2010, 17:42
Feb 17, 2010, 15:17
Squid Tempest wrote:
At least you've recorded some good songs and your life hasn't been shot to pieces by fame. Be thankful, young man.

Oh, and FWIW, the Brits is a load of big hairy record industry bollocks.

I agree. Haven't watched it since that Jarvis / Michael Jackson episode (the only entertaining thing that ever happened at the Brit Awards, IMO).

Moreover, I'm going to up the ante by stating my honest opinion on Oasis -they're shite, and they always were. I knew the British weekly music press was in trouble when journos started hyping "Definitely Maybe" as the future of rock'n'roll. The future? The death knell, more like. The only difference between oasis and the Real people is that the former were lucky enough to be signed by Sony at the right time (when the UK backlash against grunge was beginning to gain momentum).
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index