Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 24 January 2010 CE

32 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 24 January 2010 CE
Jan 25, 2010, 16:26
I've been pounding the Beefheart since Friday so the list begins with...

Capt Beefheart - Safe As Milk
Strictly Personal
Mirror Man
Lick My Decals Off, Baby

La Roux - La Roux - surprisingly a very good album. Loved the singles Bulletproof, In For The Kill and I'm Not Your Toy but the rest of it stands up just as well.

Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster - haha, yeah, I know, but Bad Romance is a superb song. Plus my 2 year old loves it, and my wife sings along to it in the car. Unlike La Roux, it's all about the singles on this one for me. The rest pales in comparison.

The Kills - Keep On Your Mean Side - not played this one for years. Still sounds nice and sleazy.

Wooden Shjips - Dos additional 'record store day' mix cd - came with the initial quantities of Dos. Damn fine mix.

Vampire Weekend - S/T debut - I like this one. Only just got round to buying it with a Xmas voucher courtesy of HMV's 2 for a tenner deal.

Country Joe & The Fish - Electric Music For Your Mind & Body - I dig this one out every so often and it takes me right back to when I first discovered West Coast psychedelia, rinsed my brainbox with some blotters, smoked silly amounts of the good stuff and generally swung around town like a teenage bum.....which did get frowned upon in my part of Essex. Marvellous album.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index