2010 Gigs

83 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thekremlin
132 posts

Re: 2010 Gigs
Jan 03, 2010, 00:12
IanB wrote:
Todd, Kiss, Iggy and Tangerine Dream are high on the list in terms of those bands revisiting former glories plus Spiritualized, The Mars Volta, Jerry Dammers' Sun Ra big band and any Cope related thing in London. And I hope Ronnie James Dio makes a full recovery. Otherwise I am planning on spending a lot more time at small venues like the Green Note in Camden where people seem to be able to put their iPhones away for an hour and shut up while the bands are playing.

yeah, i went to the mars volta in leeds last month and the crowd were awful... talking, chatting on their phones, looking at pix on their phones, you know... and the band were on cracking form too. nearly spoiled a good night until i decided to spite the buggers by enjoying it even more!

most gigs are like that these days though, it's getting well out of hand. the thing in today's society is it's all about being able to say you've done something as opposed to experiencing it properly when you're actually doing it. i love it most when they talk for the whole song then when it ends they whoop and cheer and clap like they've just been touched by the hand of robbie fowler or something. sorry scenes indeed! and one of the reasons i don't go to many gig these days.

one that was funny is a mogwai gig years ago (1997 or something) and they were playing on the floor in the cornerhouse in middlesbrough and this lad spent ages going on and on about how this was supposed to be a loud band and why were they so quiet, really annoying he was... and on and on... and then bang! in they come, nearly took his head off! so funny! i swear his eyes nearly popped out of his head and his ears started bleeding. twats all!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index