Unsung Forum »
UK Reggae Greats

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9565 posts

Re: UK Reggae Greats
Dec 17, 2009, 13:53
Yes, I agree. Supes is lovely isn't she.

Still, sorry I don't conform to some Welsh stereotype image for you.
I promise that when I get home later from the slate mine, I will listen to my Tom Jones collection with my pet sheep, Shirley.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2550 posts

Dec 17, 2009, 14:03
Was there any British bands come out of the 60's ska/reggae Jamaican influence? (Who sang I Can See Clearly Now somebody Nash but can't remember, away to buy some Aswad/Black Uhuru to refresh my memory in this field.) Any up to date British bands?
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Dec 17, 2009, 14:11
keith a wrote:
Yes, I agree. Supes is lovely isn't she.

D1: Yes....a very lovely person.

Still, sorry I don't conform to some Welsh stereotype image for you.

D1: Thank you for letting me know i had any.

I promise that when I get home later from the slate mine, I will listen to my Tom Jones collection with my pet sheep, Shirley.

D1: A bit 'o Tom Jones is no bad thing ocassionally.
The sheep though.....Hmmm. Carefull about that. Some say it that way that Gonoreah was first visited upon mankind. Wear protection, If not for yourself, Than maybe the RAM will appreciate it.

dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Dec 17, 2009, 14:11
Dear Cunty Bollocks.

YAWN.

Signed Yours Truly
D1
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Dec 17, 2009, 14:13
Thanks for those recommendations Ian.
If they are something that's get-a-holdable, i may have a go at purchaseing them for a listen.
Regards
D1
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Dec 17, 2009, 14:15
That one i know.
Twas 'Johnny' Nash.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Dec 17, 2009, 14:16
Way to prove that fundamentally you're an intolerant prick. So... we're still either not old enough to know, or we're being judgmental of your always correct opinion. Kudos to you, twat.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2550 posts

Dec 17, 2009, 14:18
Cheers!
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Dec 17, 2009, 14:18
YAWN.
keith a
9565 posts

Dec 17, 2009, 14:19
I loved that Reggae Regular stuff Peel used to play. Think there was a session IIRC?

Where Is Jah is the only actual track I remember. Not exactly easy to get hold of these days unfortunately.

Did anyone else buy those A New Breed Of Dub cd's in the late 90's? I always assumed there were a few British acts on those, though I could be mistaken. I *think* the Bush Chemists are British, aren't they? (I've always meant to check them out further)

Anyway, there's some really good stuff on these compilations - I bought Vols 1-3, not sure how many others here are though there's definitely a Vol 4.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index