Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Fileshare and illegally download now!

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re: Fileshare and illegally download now!
Nov 20, 2009, 17:20
http://www.tellmandlesontostickituphisarse.com
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Nov 20, 2009, 17:26
Sigh. Another nail in New Labour's coffin.

Thanks for 10-15 years of upcoming Tory rule, you inept, bungling twats.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Nov 20, 2009, 17:28
I think that about hits the nail on the head.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Nov 20, 2009, 22:12
Whatever research & targets they want to implement come from "industry analysts."

The corporate creeps behind this proposal are the REAL pirates if ya ask me.

It's a lot like if they wanted six-figure fines for people home-taping on cassettes or VHS tapes back in the 70's and 80's. (In fact, that's exactly what these same goons did suggest at the time. When that didn't work, they settled for a big tax on blank tapes. Who's taking money for stuff that's not theirs again??)

When it comes to stealing money from musicians, no one can touch the record companies themselves. The top 1% become millionaires, but the bottom 90% would do just as well working as a store clerk.

Support *INDEPENDENT* music & musicians (& music retailers) who do it cuz they love music . . .

Sony, EMI and Warner Bros can get bent.

The politicians in this story are just typical assholes who are delivering the quid for the quo they've already pocketed from another powerful industrial lobby.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Nov 20, 2009, 22:45
I totally agree with all your points gents, certainly no doubt Mandy is a self-serving villa-loving oily cunt.

Has anyone advocating this stupid stupid law stopped to note the recent research that has shown that illegal downloaders are THE SAME people who spend the most on legal music?
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Nov 20, 2009, 22:55
mingtp wrote:
I totally agree with all your points gents, certainly no doubt Mandy is a self-serving villa-loving oily cunt.

Has anyone advocating this stupid stupid law stopped to note the recent research that has shown that illegal downloaders are THE SAME people who spend the most on legal music?

I'd be very interested to read about that. Got any links to credible "Research" regarding your assertion?

thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Nov 20, 2009, 22:56
mingtp wrote:

Which should be fucking obvious if anyone thinks about it.

I spend most of my disposable income on CDs and vinyl, I download occasional stuff off iTunes and I also download loads of audience recordings of 30 year old gigs that are never going to be officially released and would bring no money to the artists concerned even if they were.

So, despite my spending on legal music (physical and download), under this law you would fine me £50,000 and stop me from shopping on Amazon, Sister Ray, Recordstore, etc and stop me being able to legally download from iTunes. I see how this will help the music industry, what with me having no money to spend on legal music and no access to buy it anyway (since all the record shops closed down and the internet became the main source of actual CD and vinyl sales). Doh!
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Nov 20, 2009, 22:59
What part of this pending legislature do you interpret to say, that you will no longer be able to purchase 'LEGAL' downloads from I-Tunes and Amazon and etc....?
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Nov 20, 2009, 23:01
Ah pull the cork out your arse. How's it any different to buying second hand or remainder music as far as money getting back to the artist?
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Nov 20, 2009, 23:07
Robot Emperor wrote:
Ah pull the cork out your arse. How's it any different to buying second hand or remainder music as far as money getting back to the artist?

Oh i see.....it's going to rapidly degenerate to your level of conversational ability. What gave you the idea of a cork/arse thing?
I asked very legitimate questions. I've posted many times about the record shops closing down and my personal support of artists. I don't recall YOU having much to say any time recently. Or are you one the ones who has need to worry about having GIGA Bytes of stolen ILLEGAL down-loads?
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index