Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 15 November 2009 CE

57 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 15 November 2009 CE
Nov 16, 2009, 23:37
Hawkwind. PXR5. Love this album, doesn't sound like a band falling apart which was the reality of the situation. Simon House is inspired on "Robot". That organ demands that it be played loud. No wonder Bowie led him astray. Probably should have been the last Hawkwind album.

Ted Nugent. Free For All. Him evil I know. Him also idiot savant. This album is ace. He never took drugs? All of his albums (this one in particular) sound like he is speeding his tits off.

Solarized. Neanderthal Speedway. Nothing to set it apart from other stoner bands.

Stephen Malkmus. Real Emotional Trash. There was a comment on this board about the gap between an artists tastes and their own output. On this album Steve is bridging the gap between himself and the Groundhogs.

William Elliott Whitmore. Animals in the Dark. Sentimental tosh. Hate it, hate it, hate it. "Lifetime Underground" makes me cry... Hate myself, hate myself, hate myself. Sentimental old fool.

The Wipers. Land Of The Lost. Came between Over The Edge and Follow Blind and sounds like the missing link between them. My new fave Wipers album.

The Liars. They Were Wrong, So We Drowned. Genius. Everyone should own everything they have recorded.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index