57 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Edited Nov 16, 2009, 23:27
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 15 November 2009 CE
Nov 16, 2009, 23:23
Coil - Scatology/Unnatural History I, II + III/Music To Play In The Dark (Volumes One and Two)/Constant Shallowness Leads To Evil
Like with the passing of John Peel, it's 5 years since John Balance passed away (nov. 13th), doesn't seem that long either, so I had a bit of a 'Coil-A-Thon'.
Very strangely, the night before JB died, I was helping our Mr. Clarkson and co. with a Burst Couch night, this featured performances from some of JB's friends/associates- Colin Potter, Karl Blake, John Everall and Andrew Liles,
At the soundcheck, conversation turned to JB and stories of his alcohol intake etc., the next day, myself and everyone involved in the previous nights event, were shocked to hear of the sad news.
I've always loved his vocals, he had a really rich sounding voice, talented musician too.

Caravan - s/t
A very unsung debut LP.

Brian Eno - Music For Films
Great to hear this album again.
I remember some of these tracks being used to good effect in some TV drama featuring Patrick McGoohan!

Peter Wyngarde - When Sex Rears Its Inquisitive Head
Utterly deranged, bizarre easy listening- a true lost british classic and not for the faint-hearted

Ennio Morricone - Crime And Dissonance/High
It's so great that they're putting all these obscure soundtracks out, every one is a real treat.

Faust - 1st/So Far/The Faust Tapes/71 Minutes/Ravvivando
I couldn't resist playing some Faust after seeing a playful and mischeivious Jean-Herve and Zappi cavorting on that Krautrock documentary.
(Pity about Cluster man Mobius, doing a bit of latent moaning about Eno - what a sour kraut!)

Take care all

;-)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index