Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2370 posts

Edited Nov 16, 2009, 02:03
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 15 November 2009 CE
Nov 16, 2009, 01:48
Wooden Shjips - Contact EP
My music player keeps sticking this on the playlist whilst on shuffle, but it don't mind, mighty fine spacey vibes.

Test Dept - Goddodin
Wish i'd seen the live performances of this, it must have been an experience.

Athletico Spizz 80 - Do A Runner
Love this, hadn't heard it in years but found an old tape in the loft. Had a few repeats this week to cheer me up during the sh** weather we've been having.

OMD - OMD
Particularly liked hearing 'Betray Your Friends' again, a most un-OMD song.
I've never been a big fan, but i have fond memories of Red Frame/White Light and Electricity from my teen years.

Grails - Burning Off Impurities
Can't stop playing this, just loving it, which is a surprise really, as i initially dismissed em' as Mogwai/Godspeed wannabe copyists ...think i prefer em' to both now.

Meat Beat Manifesto - 99%
Another i found in the loft. I was really into these guys waybackwhen, and a few tracks off this still hit home 'Think Fast' and 'Dogstar Man' particularly.

Lilac Time - Astronauts
I fell in love to this record when it came out, so i've still a soft spot for it even after all these years. Tracks like 'Fortunes' and 'Madresfield' have a dreamy sadness and melocholy all of their own. Not sure why they stuck 'Dreaming' on it though, totally spoils the mood.

The Auteurs - New Wave
Don't think Haines ever got better than this TBH, Bailed Out, How Could I Be Wrong and Early Years are the standouts for me. Though i did Love Lenny Valentino off the follow up.

Black Sheep - Kiss My Sweet Apocalypse.
Been playing the title track over and over whilst painting this week, best in a while.

Karen O - Home Tapes
Curio i found on the web, some demos of the last Yeah Yeahs album and a few curios as yet un-named. Nice spastic acousic playing and vocal / odd sample type thang. groovesome.

Ravonettes - In And Out Of Control
This is a LOT more poppy than recent releases, but i gotta say, i kinda like it. D.R.U.G.S. is the one i think, but i can happily play em' all TBH.

Crow Tongue - The Red Hand Mark
This is a little different to the Stone Breath stuff, but i kinda like the stripped down arhythmic arrangements. His voice is still great, like a less full on Michael Gira.

The Orb - ...Ultraworld
This still sounds good however many years we are down the line. I've not loved everything they've done, but they always manage to make me chuckle.

Various - Voyage - Facing The History Of Modern French Psychedelic Music
(I think i remembered that correctly)
This is my fav' comp of the year. A real cool selection of moder French...well you get the picture. Standout tracks, well, erm, them all for differeing reasons. A record i'd recommend to anyone (well as long as they like stuff a little out there anyhow).

Have a good week!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index