57 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9570 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 15 November 2009 CE
Nov 15, 2009, 21:59
LP’s
OEDIPUS SHMOEDIPUS – Barry Adamson
There’s something for everyone on this late 90’s effort from Adamson. Some great instrumentals and some great collaborations with Jarvis Cocker, Billy MacKenzie and Nick Cave.

HEATHEN – Christophe F / Black Sheep
Imagine the Violent Femmes if Gordon Gano had a Geordie accent and a Hawkwind fixation.

VEGA / REV – Suicide
Also gave the bonus 1st Rehearsal Tapes cd a play, too. Really good – much better than I remembered.

Also ...
DIRECTIONS TO SEE A GHOST – Black Angels
THE BLACK ALBUM – The Damned
KRAM – Dieter Moebius
SMACK – The Neon Judgement
HEAVEN SCENT – Perfect Disaster
ALPINISMS – School Of Seven Bells
KILIMANJARO / EVERYBODY WANTS TO SHAG... – The Teardrop Explodes

45’s
ACE LOVE DEUCE – Fini Tribe
SKYSCRAPER – Intastella
WHEN I THINK OF YOU – Janet Jackson
WHEREVER THERE IS LIGHT - No Man
LIQUID MERCURY – Wild Swans
New single from the legendary Wild Swans. Not only does it not harm their reputation in any way, it adds to it. A definite contender for single of the year.

RADIO SESSION
PEEL SESSION – King
Last week I tracked down the Tanz Der Youth and White Cats sessions, this week I got the Damned off-shoot session I REALLY wanted – Captain Sensible’s King. A run through of Jet Boy Jet girl, an early version of Anti-Pope and a fab pop song in My Baby Don’t Care which features the solo that was later used in I Just Can’t Be Happy Today (I ‘d forgotten all about). I don’t remember the other track, Baby Sign Here With Me, from the time but that’s pretty good, too. One of my fave ever Peel sessions.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index