Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Michael Rother of Neu! defends Oasis against h8trz, and praises Fuck Buttons to the very highest heavens

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Seb
Seb
600 posts

Re: Michael Rother of Neu! defends Oasis against h8trz, and praises Fuck Buttons to the very highest heavens
Nov 04, 2009, 00:39
anthonyqkiernan wrote:
Rother was the one in the KR doc that i thought I'd like to go down the pub with. If the reports I've had of the last time he played glasgow are true, he'd happily do so too.

Agreed.

Hope I scrub up as well as that at his age too.
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Edited Nov 04, 2009, 00:51
Re: Michael Rother of Neu! defends Oasis against h8trz, and praises Fuck Buttons to the very highest heavens
Nov 04, 2009, 00:44
Good on him to single out tracks by Oasis rather than blank their whole repertoire. Yes we all know there is a lot of shit but there are also some gems to be discovered in their back catalogue that will only shine for those ears and minds which know no prejudices.

Rother is very forward looking, mature and says a brave thing for an artist with his credibility. I'm sure many of his contemporaries wouldn't be so honest.

Shame that attitude isn't prevalent more on this board with people discussing songs, pieces of music more often than discussing the bands who made them. Trust the art not the artist.

Happy birthday to Charlie too!

8)
copius-freakus2
221 posts

Re: Michael Rother Oasis no thanks Fuck Buttons fantastic
Nov 04, 2009, 00:57
Don't care much about Oasis. However I agree with him with regards the Fuck Buttons the new Album Tarot Sport is fantastic One of the highlights of 2009

copius-freakus2
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Nov 04, 2009, 11:00
Thanks mate.
I am 42 now and slowly dissolving day by day, returning to the void. ... as we all are. I am strangely okay with this cosmic transaction as old age seeps in. (((griN)))
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Nov 04, 2009, 12:52
dave clarkson wrote:
Shame that attitude isn't prevalent more on this board with people discussing songs, pieces of music more often than discussing the bands who made them. Trust the art not the artist.

Happy birthday to Charlie too!

8)

Fair point. I know I'm guilty of lumping a band's career into "good" or "bad" categories rather than looking at individual pieces of work. It is all too easy to generalise, isn't it? That said, I must admit I'm not really an Oasis fan, despite not minding the first couple of albums.

And may I add my "many happy returns!" to cHarLie...42? blimmin spring chicken!
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Edited Nov 04, 2009, 13:02
Nov 04, 2009, 13:01
Thanks man.
8o)
p.s.edit....as liam once said..*it's only rOck N' rOll*
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Nov 04, 2009, 13:07
cHARLIE wrote:
Thanks man.
8o)
p.s.edit....as liam once said..*it's only rOck N' rOll*

hmm, wonder where he got that idea? ;-)
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Nov 04, 2009, 17:10
Nov 04, 2009, 17:05
He's just saying the Oasis effort was fair enough, not really vindicating their existence or nowt;-)

Seems he actually does like the Buttons though.

x
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Nov 05, 2009, 01:55
i reckon the ultimate state of being, that is totally in the present or one with the void as you might say, transcends the duality of life and death (and boundaries and temporality and shit like that. Man!)

happy 42. I have just turned 32, and Julian is 52. And we were all born within a couple of weeks of each other. Not that amazing really is it?!!
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Nov 05, 2009, 09:37
10 years between three genius people all passing through the eternal wheel of eternity. (((shIver)))
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index