Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 4 October 2009 CE

58 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 4 October 2009 CE
Oct 04, 2009, 22:49
Diodaar-Black Moon Siege Impression, Rust Coloured Airbrush Stroke 2 new cds from local postdronenoiseniks, and most excellent it is too, rans the whole gamut from quiet ambience to speaker bouncing bass phasing and back again. Rust Coloured Air Brush sounds like a short wave transmission from beyond space & time

Celestial Sea-S/T post blackmetal imagine the Cocteau Twins playing Venom but without the singing , or in Venoms case the shouty bits

Jeff Buckley-Live at Cin-E probably a victim of his own success, everyone seems a bit sniffy about Buckley Jnr but I think he’s great

Basillica-Kingdom of Status lowfi Geordie drone, this is more a case of Venom trying to play the Cocteau Twins in a Turkish brothel whilst snorting opium, not for the fainthearted

Slomo-The Bog anyone who has heard this might want to check out Diodaar, they belong in that English drone camp, who always to me sound more organic to me than the US bands

Hanoi Rocks Live Edinburgh 84 – so live you can smell the drugs on their breath

KTL IV-Pita & the Grimmlord get down & dirty, whilst this may be bass end light compared to O’Malleys day job in SunnO))) it more than makes up for it by casting a greasy black shadow across your stereo and gunging up your diodes & transistors with some badass shit

Motorhead-Bomber don’t touch that dial.............it’s already on 11 ;-)

AMT-Electric Heavyland ...........blimey this dial goes to 12!!!

Supertramp-Even In The Quietest Moments hey it’s not all grimmblackenedshit in elf towers, sometimes you need something sensitive and luvverly, and sometimes you just need a bit of the ‘tramp

Aztec Camera-first 3, the vinyls upstairs, still top quality tunes, a couple of the lps suffer from 80s production

Crazyhead-a bunch of singles that are brilliant, pregrunge masterpieces & Desert Orchid the over produced LP, still not as bad as Zodiac Mindwarp, who really pushed the BIG PRODUCTION button

The Bangles-again they’re upstairs and it’s amazing how they went from 60s garage impersonators to Eternal Flame in 3 easy stages, still had something then , even if it was pretty polished by then, wonder what it was

http://www.steviesguitars.com/images/hoffposter.jpg

ah yes, I remember, lovely guitars ;-)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index