44 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 27 September 2009 CE
Sep 28, 2009, 16:52
GHOST - Lama Rabi Rabi/Hypnotic Underworld
First class stuff indeed, both albums are enjoyable from start to finish.

NURSE WITH WOUND - Ød Lot
Not 'technically' a NWW album as such, but a compilation featuring solo tracks by NWW 'members', the various tracks being submitted by Potter, Liles, Waldron and of course Stapleton. Very good stuff, although if there are a favourite batch of tracks on the whole, I'd say that Andrew Liles' collection of 4 tracks win hands down.

ENNIO MORRICONE - High
Recommended. Pure genius at work!

KING TUBBY - Dub Gone Crazy
Great collection of various Dubs between 1975-79

BASEMENT 5 - In Dub
I remember the music press touting this lot as 'a black version of PiL' at the time (1980). Interesting sound for sure, especially as this album had the late Martin Hannett doing the mixing duties.

NON - God & Beast
Producer Ken Thomas (PTV, Skidoo amongst others) really brings a sheen to the loops and layers going on here.

GENTLE GIANT - Aquiring The Taste
An old favourite that I periodically take out for a nostalgic test run.
I had won a GG album from the Melody Maker music paper circa 1974, after sending in a letter about a Bowie article they had run and that I wasn't at all happy about(!).
It got tagged a 'star letter' and I got sent GG's new release at the time- "The Power & The Glory", I later got a couple of other albums by them, although I prefer their pre-1976 albums.
Prog with a distinct difference to all the usual fair that was about during the 70s. A fine recording. This 1971 album has the great Tony Visconti in the production chair, whilst a young engineer was also in the studio who went by the name of Martin Rushent. ;-)

TRISTEZA - A Colores
Fantastic psychedelia from San Diego.
Excellent sounding Guitars, head circling Basslines and some nice Vibraphones here and there. One of those albums you listen to....when you can't decide what to listen to!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index