Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 27 September 2009 CE

44 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Edited Sep 27, 2009, 22:53
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 27 September 2009 CE
Sep 27, 2009, 22:50
Lords of the New Church-S/t,Is Nothing Sacred, Method To Our Madness - listen as the lords get slicker by the minute, I quite like the big production and the OTT ballad on MTOM is a gem imho

Gun Club-Pretty much everything-listened to all the GC i have and bar the iffy live sound every one is a stormer, still no overly keen on the sound of Mother Juno but the songs are the dogs nads. Dug out the Death Party ep which is an absolute blinder

Warrior Soul-Drugs God & the New Republic slick 90s rock, if mainstream altmetal[90s division] is your thang you'd be in your element here, otherwise avoid

Uriah Heep-Salisbury the 'eep with added orkstra bits OTT is the order of the day but such fun, how can you resist

Bowie-Diamond Dogs ,1984 and a half to avoid copy right or something, amuses me that one Bowie's non essential records still piddles from a great distance over most peoples best

Yes-Yessongs more rock than prog, like a vast & ponderous glitterball crushing caped weeds like greenslade beneath as its travels from enormodome to festival bill topper, best listened to in triple vinyl foldie box cover with added Roger Dean, both pompous and genius, pompius is now word of the minute

Mother Love Bone-S/T pre Pearl Jam, believe they were big pals with The Cult in the Sonic Temple era. If you want big dumb rock sign here, if you want anything else lets face it you're gonna be outta luck

Wonderstuff-8 legged Groove Machine remember when indie ruled the world and the Wonderstuff were the alternative, quite how frothy the mainstream was i cannot remember, probably because I wasn't listening, but I can't see that this would be causing serious debate in the 6th form common room or stirring the masses to revolt, good thing someone invented Fugazi

Grahm Parker-Vertigo best of - top tunage, should have been bigger imho, probably didn't help himself by being a grumpy old toss iirc

Creedance Clearwater Revival-Cosmos Factory not heard this, you fule, go away & buy it now, you'll thank me.

AC/DC If You Want Blood makes me grin A LOT!!! the thort of that dim geordie hoofer they have now makes me grimace A LOT!!! it's a ying/yang thing

Birthday Party Peel Sessions-it's Loose

PWEI-2 Fingers My Friend-poor old PWEI way ahead of the game, now they write soundtracks and no longer have time for us common herd, they probably do actually and bar the odd dated dance mix this is surprisingly good, got that song with the great bassline too , the title of which eludes me

Caina-Mourner post blackmetal ear burner, like the Cure if uncle bob was a norwegian satanist and sometimes felt the need to play guitar very LOUD & FAST this is a good thing IMHO

FA#50 great swathes of NE madness & mayhem, like a big box of musical quality street with disc 6 being the green triangles that no one likes, discs 1-5 are well scrummy though, but some nuts may be found within, BykerYouth Club MC competition prize giving may just be the greatest thing ever, but isn't all at the same time, the yin is fucking yanged again, circles cubed, over & out

bout time i lernt to spel i thinx
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index