109 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: Black Sheep @ the Bristol Festival
Sep 23, 2009, 01:07
MARTASE wrote:
Take for example 'War/Peace' (often mentioned in these threads) from KMSA- tis easy to judge/slag/laugh off/get 'bored with' aint it? Cant say I've listened to it MANY times myself but given the right mental state it can have an extraordinary psychic effect on the listener.Well this one anyway....

Of course opinions vary but to polarise the thing into either recognising the 'truth' or being a duped defender of the Artist's pisstake ( sure Julians having a BIG laugh at all those defending his recent'deplorable crap')is NOT WORTHY OF THIS SITE! But hey... Freedom of speech and all....

I haven't noticed anyone slagging it off. A few people have said they don't like it. In fact quite a few of us that didn't enjoy the gig have said we DO like a lot of what Julian's been doing lately.

Tbh, I'm not a big fan of the BBC session & stuff like War/Peace, but would have preferred it to what I heard/saw on Sunday.

But as I tried to make clear, I'm not criticising Julian's right to play what he likes how he likes, I just said he's lost me atm & speculated about the effectiveness of it in communicating any message - something that's usually very close to Julian's heart.

love

Moth
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index