109 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
MARTASE
MARTASE
602 posts

Re: Black Sheep @ the Bristol Festival
Sep 23, 2009, 00:50
dodge one wrote:
You seem rather oddly insistant that other people see things the way that you do. I'm 47 years old and have a music collection that between the 78's, 45's, E.P.'s, 33 1/3's, 8-tracks, Cassettes, and C.D.'s numbers well over 7000 items. {AND, i would like to add.....not 1 illegal down-load amongst the lot} I think i have enough of a data-set to reference to, to decide the merits of 'Metal Machine Music' {of which i have an original copy on CASSETTE that i bought on initial release} or any number of other artists release's from the 20th century, completely on my own. Thank-you.
Despite what the fuck LESTER BANGS had to say about any of the lot.
If he thought a slowly varying oscillator pitch over the course of a mind numbing hour was some type of significant work.......well....what can one say?
But have a nice day.

Sorry mate it was your suggestion that you had some kinda OBJECTIVE grasp on what is worthy or not that got me. I'm not insisting that people see things as I do at all. Only for open mindedness and a willingness to challenge ones own prejudices. I've found Cope's output of late particularly helpful in this respect and for that I thank him.

x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index