109 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Edited Sep 21, 2009, 18:49
Re: A big turn off
Sep 21, 2009, 18:46
Firstly, let me say that I have no objection to Julian doing this sort of stuff - I'd hate to see him compromising what he wants/needs to do - even tho I haveta say last night's show 'left me behind' & left me pretty cold.

I agree with Landells that there were a few bits that got at least vaguely interesting (& agree with his description generally) but would add that they were relatively few & far between for me. I'd also say that I found it (mostly) probably even less accessible than the BBC session which I very much struggled with....

I certainly wouldn't disagree with Keith that some of the stuff he's produced lately has been great (tho not all of KMSA by any means lights my candle). But I absolutely love Black Sheep & the Unruly Imagination. One trouble is, he didn't play any of that stuff!

As peeps have said, musically, it's all down to personal taste & I'm quite happy to wait for him to get back to something I do like. Trouble is, it's not always easy to tell when that'll be when he's producing so much stuff & then playing summat different live anyway!!! And that can result in disappointment/waste of time & money etc.

So I could understand it if people were pissed off coz they'd spent a lot of limited money/time getting there. For us it was a tenner each & an hour & a bit drive each way, but we also got to visit J's daughter Clee in her 1st weekend at UWE & see folk we love. Which is fine. But if I'd travelled further, paid for a hotel etc, etc....

love

Moth
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index