Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 6 September 2009 CE

28 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2606 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 6 September 2009 CE
Sep 06, 2009, 17:57
Man 'Endangered Species' - the last Man album to feature Mickey Jones and Deke Leonard as axe-wielding sparring partners, this is an overlooked gem in their impressive canon;

Barclay James Harvest 'Everyone Is Everybody Else' - fine album from 1974 featuring the glorious 'Negative Earth', my joint fave ever BJH ditty alongside the first album's 'The Sun Will Never Shine';

Led Zeppelin 'Physical Graffiti' - as usual, mainly the perfect first record, but dipping into more of the second than ever before: I'm particularly digging 'Sick Again' right at the end;

Cluster & Eno 'Cluster & Eno' - short but sweet album of genuinely interesting ambient explorations. I see this is being reissued this week, alongside the equally impressive 'After The Heat';

Happy Mondays 'Bummed' - the delightfully chaotic, natural and unique sound of the Mondays before they got over-produced and remixed into oblivion;

and John Nelson's unsung Beethoven symphony cycle with the Ensemble Orchestral de Paris, performed with small forces but modern instruments: an acceptable antidote to the overdriven and overrated Norrington set that has had critics purring for twenty years - I've never understood why.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index