31 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
a23
a23
1004 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 30 August 2009 CE
Aug 30, 2009, 14:50
Hitting the most plays this week has been
Golden Animals - Free your mind & win a pony - enjoyed them live @ green man and the recorded version isn't bad either - maybe a bit manicured and missing the fuzzed guitar workout, but a nice mix of west coast / doors / quirky sounds

Also - The Durutti Column Box set - worked thru this
Return of...sounds crisp and welcoming
LC - always my favourite DC album, imbued with many many memories. My original vinyl has been played to death, so nice to have a remaster
Another Setting - unfortunately, remastering didn't fix what's wrong with this record - several great DC tracks but just doesn't happen. I remember waiting for it to come out after LC and being so disappointed. Interested to read in the notes that Vini was very disappointed by it also.
Without Mercy - I've always liked this record, reflective melodies.
Demos - disappointed with this disc - the instrumental demo of Never Known is good, as is the track that follows it, but nothing much else on here interested me
Live bonus - much more like it - injected some energy and passion back in. Liked the opening tracks recorded in Glasgow in 1982 - i saw them play in edinburgh on that tour and was mesmerised sitting right at the front of the stage by the intricacies of his guitar playing - i'd never seen someone play three parts at once on a guitar.
One other gripe - why is the box for these so bloody big???

Wooden Shjips - Dos / Volume 1

Wicker man OST

Hawklords - 25 years

Wild Swans - Bringing Home the Ashes

Psychic TV - Heaven is her/e
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index