Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 12 July 2009 CE

42 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3679 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 12 July 2009 CE
Jul 13, 2009, 20:50
Arcadian Black Metal-Echtra,Fauna,Fearthainne-its from Arcadia, Its Metal and it's Black, can't argue with that

Geordie Doom Drone-Bong,Basillica,Byrthen and Masterslave-Its North Eastern, It Drones and it's doom laden, full marks all round

BBC Radiophonic Workshop-Its from the BBC etc, even more amazing than it sounds if you compare it to the music of the time

Springsteen-Philadelphia 2005-one of the acoustic shows with the Suicide tune at the end, absolutely fantastic

Pauline Oliveros-no idea who Pauline is but she makes a fine ambient racket

Albert Ayler-listened to this whilst exploring the lovely french city of Lille late at night, on a warm summers night it made an ideal soundtrack, followed by Miles Davis-Dark Magus-again suited to a warm continental night, not a regular jazz listener but in the right place it takes some beating

Evita - the original with Julie Covington-a fave of my dads, not really my cup of tea, but it has some nice tunes and made me feel nostalgic and somewhat sad

Justin Warfield-Field Trip to Planet 9-

Aphex Twin-Ambient Works

The Who-Quadrophenia

Betty Boo-Doin' The Doo-maxi single nice thing about the i-pod is that on shuffle you are never more than a song away from Betty Boo, or so it seemed last week

Boney M - Nightflight to Venus-again this seemed to pop up regularly, about as deep as a shallow thing but still amusing, some wonderful stuff here if you can stand the whiff of cheese

The Heads-Under A Stress of a Headlong Dive-can't really see what the fuss about the Heads is, not something that grabs me much, not dislikeable but nowt special either imho

Zak Riles-S/T this is a bit dull too, only given it one listen so maybe I should try again but I'm not sure I can be bothered, if I hadn't been loving Crippled Black Phoenix so much I might not have been so dissapointed

Black Bone Angel - Verdun this is more like it, a dronemonster, this is up there with Sunno))),Crippled Black Phoenix, Spaceship & Aethenor as my record of the year, stunningly good, its a concept album but instead of being about mystic ice skating Knights ,it's about trench warfare, dig a hole in your back garden, fill it full of mud and barbed wire, line it with firecrackers and stick this on, it won't be fun but your soul will feel cleansed. Or you could just listen to it in the comfort of your favourite chair and marvel that music in the 21st century is as good as it's ever been

some other stuff inc The Honeythief by someone I can't remember, which is excellent, You Got The Love in too many mixes too mention, all of which wilt in the face of the original, also the original Frankie Knuckles track which You Got The Love came from, too much music, too little time too listen to it all but I really must check out the 80s again
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index