Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Edited Jul 13, 2009, 12:42
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 12 July 2009 CE
Jul 13, 2009, 12:39
Earthling Society - Albion
Only just got round to getting a copy of this, silly me. Sounding better and better with each listen. I wish I'd got their other albums before they sold out now. Stupid Squid.

Camel - Moonmadness
My current fave. I've been very much in the mood for this gentle prog sound lately.

Kiss My Sweet Apocalypse (vinyl)
Rather underwhelmed by this so far, I must admit. I need to listen to it more though. So far Holy's side is my favourite. Overall though first impressions leave me a bit cold, especially after loving Unruly Imagination and Wasted Fuzz so much.

Motorhead - No Sleep Till Hammersmith
We went to see them on Friday at Guilfest. Splendid fun :-)

Stranglers - Rattus Norvegicus
Also on at Guilfest. They were pretty good, although not mind-gogglingly brilliant or anything. Had this album on a few times to introduce the Squidlings to them, and I have to say it still sounds rather good after all these years. I can't remember why we were all supposed to dislike them in the 70s either!

Caravan - For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night
Another gentle(ish) prog album which is getting plenty of airtime at Tempest Towers.

Astra - The Weirding
Not sounding quite so brilliant as it did for the first few plays, but worthwhile nonetheless.

Teardrops - Kilimanjaro, Wilder
Not listened to these for some time. We had a great sing-a-long in the car :-)

Third Ear Band - Alchemy/Elements
One to annoy the family with! I love this folk/weird/mantra thing though.

Nadja - Radiance of Shadows
Still my current fave ambient grindcore album ;-)

Hawkwind - Doremi
As fab as ever.

White Hills - Heads on Fire
Rah! Wonderful stuff.

Graham Nash - Reflections
3 CD box set from the library. Haven't listened to it all yet, but so far this sounds a lovely comp. And what a nice set it is too - splendid full colour booklet.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index