Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Edited Jul 12, 2009, 03:13
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 12 July 2009 CE
Jul 12, 2009, 02:52
Stand outs this week include...

JG THIRLWELL - Venture Brothers Soundtrack - Wonderful noirish stuff, influences apparent ( Hermann / Carpenter / Morricone ) but still recognisably Foetal. If you've heard Steroid Maximus you'll know the score .
Probably best played wearing a Gaberdine mac with the collar turned up whilst sat in a Studebaker.

FOETUS - Limb ( CD / DVD ) - Collection of mostly unreleased early 80's instrumentals. Can certainly hear a Residential inflence on some of the tracks, further investigations required but i'm finding this easier to digest than i thought i might. If you're a Foetus fan, the DVD's a rather good oversight of his career in music, interviewees including Lydia Lunch, Richard Kern, Matt Johnson ( the usual suspects, then ).

THE FIELD - Yesteday & Today - Less enamoured with this after last weeks enthusiastic post. Could be due to the night shifts and upset Circadian rhythms, or maybe, it's just a little too repetitive and drawn out for my tastes. That said, epic 16 minute final track Sequenced is still doing the biz for me.

Still playing the CDR of SPRINGSTEEN's darkly yearning version of Dream Baby Dream that Keith was kind enough to send. Nicely juxtaposed with a live and decidedly more scary SUICIDE version of the same tune. If you read this mate, are the other tracks on the CDR from the Blast First Petite 10" series of releases ( i llke pretty much everything on the disc BTW ) ?

In-car entertainment this week has been provided by the 13TH FLOOR ELEVATORS and an excellent job they've done too. Special mention for the lysergic space boogie that is Earthquake !

Coming soon, COPE / BLACK SHEEP / WHITE HILLS....

Have a good week everyone,

Mark x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index