Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9572 posts

Edited Jul 06, 2009, 13:23
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 5 July 2009 CE
Jul 06, 2009, 13:05
LP’S

REMAIN IN LIGHT – Talking Heads
With The Great Curve sounding especially fab...

ABATTOIR DOGS – V/A
I must admit I had forgotten all about this Quentin Tarrantino homage cassette, free with the now long departed Vox mag. And I’d forgotten just how much I love I Walked All Night by The Embers. A truly fabulous track.

SATURN STRIP – Alan Vega
Alan Vega has made some great tracks over the tears, but few are better than Saturn Drive, the opening number here.

Also...
SONGS THE LORD TAUGHT US / OFF THE BONE - The Cramps
UNICORN – Tyrannosaurus Rex
THE BEST OF...- The Sweet
INCHPINCHERS – Wailing Souls
DESTINATION BEAUTIFUL – Andy White

LIVE AND RADIO STUFF – Julian Cope, Peter Perrett/The One, Ravishing Beauties, Super Furry Animals (Peel Session 2001), Syd Barrett.

45’s
BREAKFAST – Associates
Truly one of the all-time greats. I made the mistake of trying to sing along. Blimey. And Billy made it sound so easy! ; )

A BAO A QU EP – Virginia Astley
Blimey. Not heard this in a long time. English tweeness taken to almost ridiculous lengths, but strangely moving at times.

CHE – Sunn O))) /Pansonic
You pretty much know what this is gonna sound like. The real surprise on this ep though is Stephen Burroughs version of Goodbye Darling. Whereas Alan Vega’s original was an almost throwaway bop, Burroughs keeps it simple with just voice and acoustic and makes you realise what a dark song it really is.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index