35 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1701 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 21 June 2009 CE
Jun 22, 2009, 12:25
The Rubinoos- S/T. Classic power pop!

Astra- The Weirding. Still a bit too much muso pomp for me, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Ian Hunter- Overnight Angels. Woah! Loving this! Much maligned for it's 'everything louder than everything else' production, but this is an OTT late glam masterpiece, ridiculous and wonderful in equal measures.

Mott the Hoople- The Hoople. They were kind of falling apart by this time, weren't they? Still a good album, but Mick Ralph is missed.

V/A- Drive In, Turn On, Freak Out. Another ace comp on Finders Keepers.

Andy Nice- The Secrets of Me. Lovely cello instrumentals, then a crappy vocal number at the end.

The Faint- The Fascination. They've passed their peak, but this is still better than most of the trendy electro pop kicking around these days.

The Present- The Way We Are. Excellent second LP from Animal Collective collaborator Rusty Santos, especially the 32 minute title track. Steve Reich and Popul Vuh spring to mind.

Oskar- LP2. A mixed bag of experimental studio noodlings.

Balaam and the Angel- Sun Family, Live Free or Die. Do we like them best as moody goths or 80s hard rockers? Me and the girlfriend can't decide, so we end up listening to-

The Cult- Love. They're playing it live at the Albert Hall in October, apparently...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index