9570 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 14 June 2009 CE
Jun 15, 2009, 17:16
LP’S
MOON SAFARI – Air
SING ‘OTHER PEOPLE’ – Angels Of Light
LIVE MELBOURNE 2009 – Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

THE SINGLES – The Clash
Great to have all these tracks together. It was good to hear them again, even the weaker ones like Tommy Gun. Apart from Train In Vain – I know it’s got its supporters, but its lazy arsed white boy funk is waaay out of its depth here to my ears, whereas the under-rated Know Your Rights with it public service announcement – with guitars! - has one of THE great opening lines.

MADE TO LOVE MAGIC – Nick Drake
SLATES – The Fall
YOUR ARSENAL - Morrissey
COMMERCIAL ZONE – PIL

STRANDED – Roxy Music
As much as I love Roxy music, I don’t think Stranded is as good as some folk make out. Still, when it’s good, it’s brilliant. Mother Of Pearl and A Song For Europe are obvious hilites, but it’s the opening Street Life that really lit up my life this week. Surely that has to be one of the greatest intro’s ever!

MONOLITHS & DIMENSIONS – Sunn O)))
KNOWLE WEST BOY – Tricky
JOY 1967-70 – Ultra Vivid Scene

DISCO BUMPERS – V/A
El cheapo MFP LP that was obviously released as a cash-in on the ‘Bump’ phenomenon, justified by including two tracks that feature the word in their titles. Elsewhere there’s a couple of big hits c/o George McCrae and KC & the Sunshine Band, a few obscure disco tracks and, for some reason, the already quite ancient Baby Come Back by The Equals. Thankfully, Kenny are nowhere to be seen!

45’S by The Liars, Higamos Hogamos, Morrissey, JAMC, Phats & Small, Photek, Ultra Nate, XTC and John Kongos.

DVD - Sparks, Holy Fuck and The Fall.

And been playing the Lust For Life-like Dance Like A Monkey by the Dolls a few times.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index