Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 14 June 2009 CE
Jun 15, 2009, 11:57
Nadja - Radiance of Shadows.
As reviewed by Mr Cope:
http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/albumofthemonth/1939
Blimmin love this. It works as background at low volume, but is wonderfully heavy at high volume. Nothing has come close to this in my listening this week.

Isis - Wavering Radiant
I was really looking forward to hearing this, but it has definitely taken second place to Nadja. It is a bit disappointing so far, although I aim to give it more listens. The bulk of the album seems to follow very much in the standard Isis template - I kind of expected more, and at least some semblance of progression. The last two tracks, on the other hand, do at least seem to break the Isis formula a bit - there is a touch of more trad rock and even prog about them which adds a new dimension to the Isis sound.

Cope - Unruly Imagination
Now I've got it on me iPod I'm giving it a thorough listen again. Definitely one of his best for some time IMO.

Gratful Dead - Working Man's Dead, Live Dead, Greyfolded, Aoxomoxoa, Europe '72
These accompanied my reading of Dark Star (an oral biography of Jerry Garcia) by Robert Greenfield. Not a fantastic book, as it is all quotes (many of which I was familiar with from other books), but I am interested in their early years, and the connections with the Pranksters etc. The albums sound great in the sunny weather too.

The Upsetter CD Box Set
Speaking of music for hot weather :-)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index