Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Ziggypop
Ziggypop
300 posts

Edited Aug 23, 2009, 04:03
Re: why...
Aug 23, 2009, 04:01
Unisex Cathedral is not on the 2nd disk.

There's 11 Tracks-
Easty Risin'
Ravebury Stone
Love Luv (Remix)
Dragonfly
Heed : Of Penetrationand the City
Bring Cherhill Down (Vocal)
Safesurfer
If You Loved Me at All
Butterfly E
Straw Dogs
Anyway at All.

I still haven't listened to it yet. Still working my way through the Sabbath Reissues...

Edit:
I've just looked at the listing and realised there seems to be 15 Tracks on the reissue 2nd disk but my version (Promo) only has 11. ???
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Edited Aug 24, 2009, 07:06
Re: why...
Aug 24, 2009, 07:00
This is the listing at Amazon (13 tracks):

1. Easty Risin
2. Ravebury Stones
3. Love (L.U.V.)
4. Dragonfly
5. Heed: Of Penetration And The City-Dweller
6. Bring Cherhill Down
7. Safesurfer
8. Unisex Cathedral - Donald Ross Skinner, Julian Cope
9. Butterfly E
10. Almost Alive
11. Little Donkey - Donald Ross Skinner, Julian Cope
12. Bagged-Out Ken - Donald Ross Skinner, Julian Cope
13. Port Of Saints - Donald Ross Skinner, Julian Cope

Very different from your listing -- this listing lacks "Straw Dogs", "Anyway At All" and "If You Loved Me At All", while yours lacks "Little Donkey", "Bagged-Out Ken", "Port Of Saints" and "Unisex Cathedral".

Maybe you could, like, put the Sabbath down and play it already lol!
the copefreak
36 posts

Re: Peggy Suicide Deluxe Edition 2CD
Aug 28, 2009, 12:29
Try HMV online only £8.99 plus nectar and pure points and no postage. 30 plus tracks were recorded at the sessions in Townhouse2 studios, some like l'ange ala felatrece have appeared esle where unlike ballard of king plank, I gotta show, which could have been added. A triple would have been nice.
Brik
587 posts

Aug 29, 2009, 05:05
It starts. According to Amazon it's now 14th September. Yer bollux!
I don't wanna kick the gift horse up the arse but I hope we'll eventually see WSYM to My Nation Underground dressed up as well for the sake of having something substantial to have. Those Universal made-to-order things look like shit (sorry gift horse). I'd even be chuffed with Saint Julian bunged together with The Followers.
common era
865 posts

Aug 29, 2009, 10:30
Don't think you'll see WSYM and Fried as box sets as they were on Mercury Records and besides they have already been re-released with the b-sides to the singles as extra tracks.

As Island releases Saint Julian could work, but do we really want to revisit My Nation Underground? Hmmmm...
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Aug 29, 2009, 11:23
common era wrote:
but do we really want to revisit My Nation Underground? Hmmmm...

Based on that comment, yes. Or you certainly need to. Wrongly maligned.
Paaaaul
Paaaaul
75 posts

Aug 29, 2009, 12:19
common era wrote:
Don't think you'll see WSYM and Fried as box sets as they were on Mercury Records and besides they have already been re-released with the b-sides to the singles as extra tracks.

As Island releases Saint Julian could work, but do we really want to revisit My Nation Underground? Hmmmm...

Saint Julian has sorta been covered already with the The Followers Of.. compilation, but it would be nice if they were both in print again.
keith a
9570 posts

Aug 29, 2009, 12:22
common era wrote:

do we really want to revisit My Nation Underground? Hmmmm...

Yes.
Brik
587 posts

Aug 29, 2009, 21:04
anthonyqkiernan wrote:
common era wrote:
but do we really want to revisit My Nation Underground? Hmmmm...

Based on that comment, yes. Or you certainly need to. Wrongly maligned.

Plus the B-Sides were some of the best Julian did for Island. To my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) the last time they were in print was when a small handful appeared on the Leper Skin compilation. Crazy Farm Animal deserves it's place as one of his best, and the Books re-vamp was top notch!
I guess I'm just surprised that the two albums that spawned his greatest hits for Island have been filed away, though I suppose Floored Genius is still readily available.
JonLa
86 posts

Aug 30, 2009, 13:07
I think Fried and World Shut Your Mouth are out of print, and Followers of St Julian is long gone. If Peggy reissued is a success then of course we'll see more - at least of the other Island albums.
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index