Peggy Suicide Deluxe Edition 2CD

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Re: Peggy Suicide Deluxe Edition 2CD
May 25, 2009, 12:56
The B-Side "Unisex Cathedral" is the Droolian version - and if I remember rightly Cherhill is probably the same as on Rite - or it may be an edit - will have to look in storage to check

Ravebury Stones is an edit of In Search of Ancient Monuments - I think....
JonLa
86 posts

May 25, 2009, 13:49
At last! I thought that Jeohvahkill had put them off for life!

Incidentally - the Jehovahkill sound quality threads are long gone, but is it worth picking up for the 2nd disc? I have the original (blue case!) cd of Jehovahill, so I never bothered thinking about it until now, but if disc 2 is worth listening to then I might just pick it up and avoid the first disc with the sound issues...
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

May 25, 2009, 13:50
Looks pretty good to me....

love

Moth
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

May 25, 2009, 13:52
The 2nd disc's great, but I thought folk reckoned there were sound probs on it too.

I don't care tho coz I STILL can't hear any sound probs on either disc of mine....

love

Moth
Gnostic Almighty
Gnostic Almighty
236 posts

May 25, 2009, 14:45
erm ...

Mister Cope as you put it owes us EVERYTHING ... as we are the people who buy his output.

Always remember ... without the record buying public they are nothing!

Or are you too in awe to see?
mr sulcus
mr sulcus
399 posts

May 25, 2009, 14:51
I agree on both counts. The extra disc adds to the album rather than just being a selection of odds & sods (IMO). Couldn't make out any sound problems on either disc (not to say there wasn't an issue, I just didn't notice it!), although some of the unreleased songs on disc 2 have an obviously deliberate 'demo quality' to them. Extra liner notes too I think - all in all worth picking up!
mr sulcus
mr sulcus
399 posts

May 25, 2009, 15:08
To be fair, we've had quite a bit of cracking NEW music around here lately - with still more to come, what with the delays to 'Kiss...' and the cancellation of the second EP. I don't expect new things to surface on a re-issue (which is good really as it doesn't fleece the fans), but am excited by the prospect of odd things turning up via mp3. Think this suits both the spontaneous turn-up-and-play style of black sheep, and the cottage industry/non mainstream fanbase that we have here
JonLa
86 posts

May 25, 2009, 18:07
Yeah - I'd love the hear some of the demos of things like St Julian and WSYM that are mentioned in Head On/Repossessed, but Peggy is so perfect i just want the b-sides, some cleaned up audio, and some liner notes.

Good to hear the Jehovahkill 2nd disc is worth having. Will invest.
landells
landells
680 posts

May 25, 2009, 18:18
very true

but flip it round and without Cope and those of his ilk and you will have to listen to dross like Coldplay and Oasis - so who owes who the most?!?

and if you want to break it down further: does the dude on the checkout owe you everything cos you shop at the supermarket where he works?

yes, we buy they're records which means that, hopefully, they don't have to do a more humdrum occupation but that doesn't mean that a musician owes "fans" a thing
Mark1971
Mark1971
252 posts

May 26, 2009, 00:37
bynghs wrote:

Shame there's no unreleased/rare stuff on there.

I actually have a couple of demo tracks (I've posted the mp3s on here a few times) from, what I assume, were the demos for this lp. These are both better than the lp versions, & not just cos I heard them before PS came out! They are Drive She Said and Hanging out & hung up on the line.

I did mention to Holy McG that I had thesem I assume Cope does too ....
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index