179 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: AOTM
Apr 02, 2009, 14:51
Mrs Ahab wrote:
kiss are unsung, don't you think he knows that many people on this forum don't like them or think they don't like them , which makes them unsung, there's no point telling everyone about something we already like, where's the fun in that. He listens to more lowly music everyday and you absolutely know he would and has given anyone a chance from this forum or elsewhere if their music cut it. Beside that my opinion is that this months aotm is likely to be more than all this, i reckon its a gift to his love, so who gives a shit if no one else likes it.

Ahh come on now Mrs this isn't a personal attack on your beloved Jules (I think he is cool too!) ... I know for a fact that Julian is a fair chap, the only point I am making is that *kiss* are a bunch of right wing creeps who write songs about being bad boys from hell in a very cheesy teenage way. Fine!
I *can* understand why *some* may like that trip, and why Metal heads out there dig this kind of stuff, but not every Julian Cope fan is a *metal* head as you well know. I'm not a metal head *but* my mind is open and I will listen to any genre of music, I don’t care so long as it is good, but please don't tell me that Kiss are UnsuNG, CUS I'm not buying it.

Also I think it is a bit abrasive to use the term *lowly music* about some of the fine unsigned artists who post on this site, who in my view (myself and my lofi *lowly* music excluded) are knocking out some great stuff that actually does *CUT IT* and CUTS IT SOME MORE!

Not everything that our Jules has done has (in my humble view) *CUT IT* Yet he got the break and some *lowly* pap did get released. Why? Cuz it was Julian H cOpe, thats why and his devoted fans bought it regardless of its *lowlyness*.

The point I am making here is Julian *sometimes* gets it *wrong*and gets carried away with the whole rock trip! Its no big deal really it is after all his website. I enjoy Julian's reviews, but lets keep it Unsung and maybe he should open his ears to more *lowly* music in the same way he opened it to teenage metal music from the 1970s. Lets have the true outsiders and unsung freaks out there have a little bit of the lime light...not Kiss.

(((CHARLie)))

p.s..this is not personal, it is just my view on the matter.
I know you are good friends with Julian tell him charLIE SAID hello and ROCK oN. BAA BAA BAAa
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index